Wednesday 25 October 2017

ANALYSE THIS

Strand won both matches tonight, not quite sure what the exact scoring was.
I had a very interesting game, though I lost on time.

However a typical position arose which illustrates the type of position which club players have to deal with. It is not a tactical position, where you can win a pawn, a piece, or get a forced checkmate.

It is more of a mundane type of position, where there is possibly one or more options.

Just how is the club players supposed to work out which is the best, or one of the best moves to make?

Here is the position, it is very interesting. Black to play? What would you play?

I will post the move I made in the comments section and the reason I chose that particular move.


ECC 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

1 comment:

  1. I played Bishop to f6. I did not like his bishop on the d4 square, had realised it was pinned to the rook, so I assumed opponent would be forced to exchange it of.

    ReplyDelete